Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Forever21 Review - Part 1: Ahoy Matey!

I've been tempted into buying a few nautical items that seem to have exploded everywhere and getting press from other bloggers (Alterations Needed, Extra Petite, Really Petite).  This past weekend, while helping a friend shop for a dress for an upcoming black tie event, we made our way to Forever21 to find some jewelry that would complete her look.  Well, it's virtually impossible for me to set foot into Forever21 without wanting to try at least a gazillion articles on (I have no will-power), and so I ended up with a few goodies which will complete out my posts for this week.

The first is an off-the-shoulder top that looks pretty similar to the top Jean wore in her post a couple months back.  Though it's hard to tell from the picture, the shirt is quite gauzy and will be a great piece for hot summer afternoons.  To continue to the nautical theme, I paired this with a pair of drawstring skorts (with a rope-like string) purchased from Old Navy a few years ago.  I could also see this worn with a pair of white linen pants (of which I don't own, because I can see myself spilling something on them as soon as I wear them out).

I love the easy draping of this top and can't wait for it to be warm enough to wear!  If you like it too, you can find it here.



Readers, what fun nautical items have you found lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so cute Lily =) I love the bold off-the-shoulder look - and found at Forever21 too, what a find :) and so affordable!

    I love how you've been so dedicated to your blog :) I'm struggling on figuring out what to blog about, especially since I've pulled back on shopping for clothes a bit =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Grace: It's so great to hear from you again! Yes, I guess I have been a bit productive blogging lately, eh? I guess it's because I've been shopping a lot (tsk, tsk!). I should re-join you in the shopping ban!!

    ReplyDelete