Thursday, April 28, 2011

Petite Fashion Challenge #7: LBD

I'm going on my second month of participating in the Petite Fashion Challenge, and this month's challenge (graciously hosted by the Little Dust Princess, blog here) is:

This Month's Challenge: "The Little Black Dress"
A little black dress (LBD) is essential in every woman's wardrobe. It's always great for back-up if you run out of outfit ideas for a night out. Adding a pop of colour to your LBD will change up its look and make your dress a little less boring.

For this challenge, add a pop of colour (or two) to your little black dress to change up the look. You could add anything from an accessory to a blazer, or even nail polish!


Given my new introduction to skinny belts and how they can add pizazz to any outfit, my "spin" on the little black dress is pretty simple - the addition of a thin silver belt to add definition to the waist.  Oddly, I get Audrey Hepburn vibes from this look - so I decided to also jazz up my picture with some bling (please forgive the terrible photo-shopping skills) :)

Also paired with the LBD is one of my favorite jackets from White House, Black Market.  The mark of a good jacket is something that can serve as a statement piece alone (or, in this case, amp up a LBD). 



Little Black Dress - Jones New York (purchased at TJMaxx ages ago and still being worn!)
Shoes - Christian Louboutin, Sz 6
Belt - Banana Republic Silver Belt with Bow Detail
Jacket - White House, Black Market
Jewelry - Courtesy of Google Images and the Paint Function on my Computer!

Hope you enjoyed my impromptu post (busy weeks calls for older pictures + creativity rather than toiling in front of my camera trying to capture a decent self-portrait - oh, and the Paint function).

11 comments:

  1. LOL, I appreciate the creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally see the Audrey Hepburn vibe. Love her, her style is so classic. Great use of her as an inspiration, you look great!

    Re: Amrita Singh, there's a sale currently going on at her website for 40-50% off with some code (I can't remember), but Jean @ Extra Petite wrote a post about it maybe a week ago. Do check it out because the prices aren't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skinny belts make the world go 'round! xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your CL pumps! I think it looks better than the Ann Taylor ones I recently tried. Love the ruffle jacket too, I agree with trying to find a jacket that makes a great statement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bling-y accents, they add just the right amount of touch to your LBD! Haha I didn't notice that the shiny things were photoshopped on until I read the post from the beginning (I have a bad habit of looking at pictures first) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I love your Photoshopped accessories. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with a classic sheath and this one is such winner! Sometimes, the simplest accessories are enough to make a statement. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to read the entry twice to realize you photoshopped it!! Great outfit! Audrey Hepburn is such a great fashion icon, one of my faves!

    I'm new to the idea of adding belts to my outfits too, and i'm loving it so far!


    -lor

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHA... this is hilarious, I was like, what? Paint? :P That's too cute!

    Love the jacket with the LBD :D so cute you are! Hehehe re Audry Hepburn vibes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!!! I love how you got creative and did many looks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look! I love how you added a skinny belt. Thank you for participating! : )

    ReplyDelete