Sunday, March 20, 2011

Canadian Find: Lady Mosquito Jewelry

Last week, to celebrate my hubby's birthday, we headed up to Toronto for a weekend trip.  I've tried putting myself on a 1-month shopping fast so as to re-gain control of my spending, but still allowed myself to buy a few accessories.  On one of our days, we walked Queen Street (a bohemian-esque part of downtown Toronto) and I came across an adorable boutique that specializes in Peruvian jewelry/accessories.  The owner informed me that she makes regular trips down to Peru to find interesting artists and then exports them to Canada.  The jewelry is a tad on the pricey side for the quality, but I just love the novelty and uniqueness of the pieces.  She carries handbags, necklaces, brooches, earrings, etc.  and each piece of jewelry comes in it's own mini-dust bug (I am a sucker for packaging).  The necklaces have this cool drawstring contraption in the back, so you can adjust the length of the necklace (see pictures below - I tried doing a video, but couldn't figure out how to load it on YouTube, then gave up).  I will definitely be visiting this site to make more purchases when I am in search of the special something to complete an outfit - Check it out for yourself: http://ladymosquito.ca/

Readers - where do you like to go to get your favorite accessories?


Sorry for the blurry picture, but I wanted to include this so you can see where the necklaces typically hit (again, the length is adjustable - see pictures below).

Necklace with drawstrings in back pulled to shortest length.

Necklace with drawstrings pulled so that necklace drops lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment